ملخص مادة مقدمة في الهندسة
من إعداد إسلام أحمد علي عبدالعزيز أحمد
Introduction To Engineering for CHAPTER1
BY:Islam Ahmed Ali
What is engineering and what do engineers do? (can saved five)
1- Engineers are problem solvers
2- Good engineers have a desire to be life-long learners
3- Good engineers have written and oral communication skills that equip them to work well
4- Good engineers have time management skills
5- Good engineers have good “people skills” that allow communicate effectively with people in their organization
6- Good Engineers are required to write reports
7- Good Engineers are adept at using computers
How /Why did you select engineering as your major?
1.“Because of the engineering classes at my high school”
2.“I did well in math or science.”
3.“My mother told me “be an engineer or die”.”
4.”My father and brother are engineers.”
5.“I’ve always been curious as to how things work.”
6.“I like to fix things”
7.“I heard that the salaries are higher than for other majors”
- A Profession (مهنة)
- Team Work
Engineering is a science and mathematics.
The difference between science and engineering?
Study the laws of nature. (دراسة قوانين الطبيعة)
Generates new knowledge. (يولد المعرفة الجديدة)
Converts science into technology
technology into useful products.
It requires creativity, judgment, imagination, experience
Math is One of the best engineering tools.
What Do Engineers Do?
1- Make products and provide services. (صناعة المنتجات و تقديم الخدمات)
2- Design and supervise the construction building, dams,
highways, etc. (تصميم و اشراف على بناء المباني والسدود..)
3- Design and maintenance of infrastructure as communication
systems, public utilities, etc. (تصميم و صيانة البنية التحتية و الاتصالات الخ..)
4- Develop new, advanced materials to make products higher and stronger. (تطويرات جديدة لجعل المنتجات أعلى و أفضل)
5- Play role in extract petroleum, natural gas, etc. (استخراج النفط )
6- Some engineers work as sales representative for products (العمل كمندوب للمبيعات او ممثل لها)
- Production and testing
- Operations (العمليات)
- Construction (البناء)
- Consulting (الاستشارات)
What is Engineering? (CAN SEVED ONE ONLY)
- Engineering Is An Important And Learned Profession.
- Engineering is The process of producing a technical product or system to meet a specific need.
- Engineering is the art of applying scientific and mathematical principles, experience, judgment, and common sense to make things that benefit people
(ABET) is The Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology
Common Traits of Good Engineers: (الصفات المشتركة في المهندسين الجيدين)
- Skill set and methodology to problem solving
- Self motivated (دوافع ذاتية)
- Keen to learn about Emerging technologies(الحرص على التعلم حول التكنلوجيا الحديثة)
- Logical approach to problem solving and troubleshooting
- Quick thinking
- Calm under high pressure situations
- Good oral and written business communication
- Leadership skills
- Drawing skills
- Training and mentoring skills
Some Main Engineering Disciplines:
- Civil Engineering.
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Petroleum Engineering
- Accreditation Board of Engineering
- Engineering Association
- Professional Engineering organization
Functions of professional organization:
- To publish educational journals, arranging meetings and conferences
- To publishing hand books, training manuals, sponsors seninars
Most prominent of the professional engineering organization:
- American society of civil (ASCE)
- American society of mechanical engineer. (ASME)
- American institute of chemical Eng. (AICHE)
- The institute of electrical and electronics Eng. (IEEE)